Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

multiple tab stops (office97SR2)

Is it possible to (somehow) assign multiple tab stops to a single control?

I'm primarily interested in Word97/VBA, but out of curiousity, any of the Office97 aps would suffice for starters.

When I'm an end-user in Word and similar, I swear I've seen regular dialogue boxes where a single control is visited several times in one cycle of use of the Tab key; that is, by continually tapping the Tab key, a command button is highlighted and the highlighting continues a grand tour of the dialogue, sometimes returning to the same command button before completing its visit to all controls.

Word/VBA (View, Properties) doesn't seem to afford me this luxury.

I can conceive a "figure-8" solution, where I maintain two internal cycles, caleld Cycle1 and Cycle2, and as i reach my command button on Cycle1, I deftly switch to Cycle2 to continue the tour. Trefoil and higher levels would be avaiable, of course.

Typically I'd do a small cycle of regular controls, visit the Cancel button, then continue the tour with controls of a secondary level of importance, visit Cancel again, before completing the tour with tertiary importance controls.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

tabbing order on userform

I think you would need to use the Exit event for several fields and store a setting somewhere which keeps track of where the user has already been. I don't see how you can modify the zOrder any other way.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: tabbing order on userform

> use the Exit event

Andrew, thanks for the response.

I agree. This has the potential to mimic the behaviour. I take it from your response that you also believe (like me) that Multiple Tab Stops cannot be assigned.

At any rate, not in Word97SR2.

I dummied up the attached UserForm (in DOC) to play around a bit. It doesn't do what I had expected. The first two commands work correctly, but once I inserted the program code for the two Exit events, the sequence of highlighting on the GUI form didn't seem to make sense at all.

I'll have to play around a bit more.