2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Lables help (Word 97 or 2000)

Hi all.
    I am trying to print a lable with a small logo on it along with some text. I am using Avery lable L7160. My problem is that I cannot cut and past the logo into the window where I insert the text. It just won't happen. I have tried to create a table to cut and paste the logo into and add text from there, but the logo moves to the outside of the table no matter where I paste it. By the way, what is that anchor looking object that appears near the logo when it is pasted into the table? What does it do?
    Please don't tell me I need to download the Avery Wizard to solve my problem, because I am at work and my IT people won't let allow this. Any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Lables help (Word 97 or 2000)

Oh rats, I accidentally closed the browser and destroyed my reply...

To recap what I was going to say, you should in theory be able to create a template for your labels using the Avery Word template generator, but the site did not recognize that number (with or without the L). Perhaps you need a regional site outside the US?

The anchor you see indicates that the logo (picture) is floating in the drawing layer; not unlike a helium ballon whose string is tied to a particular point this "anchor" doesn't always keep the picture in a single position. You can insert a picture more solidly into a cell by making it an "inline" image. This is available from Format>Picture...>Layout tab (note that in Word 97 this is completely different, but I can't remember how it worked). The problem with inline pictures is that it is difficult to position text next to them. What I would do is use two columns, one for the pictures and one for the text.

Hope this helps.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

jscher2000 - Got it! Tables seem to be the way to go. A bit fiddly but once it is set up it should work OK. Thanks for your advice.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Glad you got it working. One other thing I would mention is that you can format your logo as inline (as Jefferson suggested) & make it into an autotext entry. When you type the autotext name into the label in the dialog box, you can press F3 & insert it.
    Hope this helps,