4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Report Filtering (2000/SR1)

As part of our employee database, I am keeping track of various types of Training & Certifications (CPR, 1st Aid, Forklift Operator, etc.) and have created a report that will show a list of any employees that have training that will expire in the next 30 days. I already had a report that listed each employee along with their training status, so I just copied that report and then added a filter that shows the desired result. That works fine when I run it from the Database Window.

I have set up my own menu system, one main menu that allows access to everything that the user needs. I have a combo box with a list of all the reports, (this is fed from a table that lists the reports) the user selects a report from the dropdown list, clicks the Preview Report button and then is allowed to preview the report before printing.

Here is the problem. When running the Training Status Expiration Report from the main menu, the filter does not work and in fact, doesn't even show up in the Properties box in design view. If I close it and then re-run it directly from the Database Window, it is there. What could be causing this to go away? Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report Filtering (2000/SR1)

You write "so I just copied that report and then added a filter". Where and how did you add the filter? Did you set the Filter property of the report in design view? You can't depend on that; you should base the report on a query with the required criteria.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report Filtering (2000/SR1)

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the quick reply. You are exactly right, I did set the filter in Design View. I don't know, I just assumed that since it was there, that I could use it. And, yes, I was trying to do it the easy way.

I will take your advice and set up a query with the criteria. You're right, that is more reliable. Thanks again.