New Lounger
    Thanks

Office 97 with Windows Me? (Windows Me)

I'm finally retiring my trusty Dell P75 running Win 95 and Office 97 and am still using both a Dell PII 266 and Dell Inspiron 4000, both running Windows Me. I have Office XP running on both of those systems but the version I bought does not have PowerPoint or Access. I use both of those rarely, but wonder if I could load only PowerPoint and Access from the factory CD for Office 97 onto either of the above systems and run them in Windows Me. I would want to install only those 2 programsa and not mess up my existing setup for Windows and Excel for Office XP. Thanks!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 97 with Windows Me? (Windows Me)

I can only tell you that people have successfully installed more than one Office version on a computer. It's best if you install them on different drives, but at the very least, into different folders. Furthermore, after you install any Office 97 product, you must reinstall the later version (Office XP), even if the individual applications don't overlap. There are common files & registry changes that must be made by the later version. It would be advisable to backup everything before you attempt any major change.
    Hope this helps,

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 97 with Windows Me? (Windows Me)

Thanks for the help!