2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing on a premade hardcopy form (Access 2000)

Hi guys,
    I need to print on a premade hardcopy form.
    Please see link
    www.w-projects.net/courier/consignmentform.jpg

I have a table called tblManifest, i have 7 fields that i need to retrieve inorder to print on the form.
    Accountno
    Company
    Address
    City
    Postcode
    Country
    Telephone

and they need to be printed on the consignment note that bear the same titles as you can see, under the FROM(Sender) section.
    This would print out continuously on a dotmatrix printer. As these hardcopy forms are attached to one another, one underneath the other etc. So what is needed is for a continious printing of the customer accounts in tblCustomers, making sure they hit the right target when printing on the premade forms.
    Help on this would be much appreciated, thankyou in advance
    Mark

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printing on a premade hardcopy form (Access 2000)

Recommend create a label report to print the forms. Recommend see Access Help topic, "Create mailing and other types of labels for a dot-matrix printer", for info on using dot matrix printer with continuous-label report. You will have to position textboxes bound to datasource on "label" in exact position where you want them to print on form (it may be useful to reconstruct form on report temporarily to get sizing/positioning correct, then remove everything except the textboxes. The whole form does not have to be recreated, just the section you wish to print.) As noted in Help, in Page Setup dialog you will need to specify specific dot-matrix printer to be used, a User-Defined Size for paper size, and Tractor for paper source. I can't provide any more specific advice on printing reports with dot matrix printers in Access, I haven't used a dot-matrix printer in the past ten years. In any case it will take some trial & error to get report to print correctly.

HTH