New Lounger
    Thanks

Sync Outlook via WiFi

Now that I've got my Linksys WiFi working, I'd like to sync Outlook (2K) between my laptop (Orinoco WiFi card) and my PC. I currently use MS ActiveSync to do this with my PDA. Whenever I drop it in the cradle, it automatically syncs between both. I'd like to do the same with the Laptop. It would seem simple but I don't know how. Anybody have the answer? Thanks.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sync Outlook via WiFi

Unfortunately there is no way to do this short of buying the industrial strength MS Exchange and setting up an exchange server. You can copy the PST file from your desktop to the laptop when you need to go out with the laptop and an uptodate copy of your Outlook file. But be sure to copy it back to the desktop after you come back to your office otherwise you will quickly get out of sync.

Depending on the speed of your network, you might try sharing the file. I keep the PST file on my laptop which always remains on and is linked to my desktop via a 802.11G network. So when I am working at my desktop, Outlook 'points' to a shared file on my laptop where the Outlook PST resides. Sometimes the speed of the network gets in the way and outlooks appears a little slower with some of its housekeeping, but overall, it workds fine.