Wordnerd

Table Gridlines in Word 2000

I'm going nuts. When doing labels and selecting New Document, the table gridlines are not showing up. I have to go and turn them on each time. However, this was not always the case...what have I done and how do I fix it? I have been through all of the options and cannot figure out what I have done. HELP!!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Table Gridlines in Word 2000

Have you tried Table, Show Gridlines from the menu?
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

Wordnerd

Yes, but the gridlines used to show automatically every time I selected Labels, New Document. Now, I have to select Show Gridlines each time...I can't figure why the change.

kqahess

Try this (it worked for me in Word 2000). Open Word and open a blank document (only have this blank doc. open). From the blank document, click Table, Show Gridlines. Immediately close the Word document and then Word. Reopen Word and see what happens.

Good Luck
    Katie

Super Moderator
    Thanks

...and another variant on Katie's suggestion to try would be to locate your Normal.dot, open it, show gridlines, save and close it.

Wordnerd

Katie...I tried this in Word 2000. It worked OK if I was doing a new table within the document, but it is still not working when I select envelopes/labels, labels and new document. The gridlines still do not show up. AAAGH!

Thanks for trying.
    Janet

Wordnerd

thanks so much...it worked.