New Lounger
    Thanks

TOC page numbers change to all 2's (Word XP)

(Edited by HansV to make reference to other post clickable - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>)

This problem was previously posted (<post#=301008>post 301008</post#>). I have an identical problem and it only occurs on my PC. When I update a TOC the pages numbers show up correct. When I save and reopen the same document, all page numbers change to 2. Other users in my group are not experiencing this problem. We have installed all Service Packs except SP-3.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Re: TOC page numbers change to all 2's (Word XP)

When you open a document that contains any kind of field, such as a {DATE} field, does it update automatically when you open it? I ask because a TOC is really a field, and if it is updating before Word repaginates the document, it could get erroneous results.

Does it make any difference whether you save the document in Normal or Print layout mode?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: TOC page numbers change to all 2's (Word XP)

I don't have a direct answer, but a search of the mskb does indicate that SP-3 does fix some page number problems. You might look at this article & this article for related issues.

There might be some option that you have that is different from other users. You can also take a look at <post#=197827>post 197827</post#>. This has a link to a support template for troubleshooting problems is Word 2002.
    Hope this helps,