3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Change disabled control appearance

Is there anyway to change the appearance of a disabled control? It is useful to be able to see what is going on in certain fields, but not to be able to change them. The grey on grey is not the most visible or striking, and changing the properties of the control has no effect on the disabled colour scheme.

Locking the control is difficult, because I want these controls to represent changes made whilst entering the form, whilst reserving the opportunity to undo.

One good example is that my form is longer than one screenful, but I would like the ID number to be visible wherever one is in the form, so I have 2 additional controls linked to the ID field, but disabled, so they are there for display purposes only, but I would like them to be more visible.

Any way to do this?

Mark

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Change disabled control appearance

I'm not sure I understand why, Enabled=No Locked=Yes TabStop = No in the properties of the "display only" controls won't work for you. I guess I don't understand what you mean by:
    <hr>Locking the control is difficult, because I want these controls to represent changes made whilst entering the form, whilst reserving the opportunity to undo.<hr>
    If you want to be able to modify this field value in the first occurence, don't disable that control.
    On another note, if your form is multi-screen you may want to look into using a tabbed form, it looks better and allows you to enter a control that spans all tabs.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Change disabled control appearance

Locked controls contain current data and look normal but can't be edited. Isn't that what you want to do?
    Charlotte