5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Loosing custom views (Office XP)

Recently my Outlook 2002 (SP2) behaves a bit strange in that sometimes, all of a sudden (I'm doing something, but still haven't been able to exactly find out WHAT) I loose all my custom views in Outlook (both in my Inbox and Personal Folders). Automatically, Outlook then reverts back to some default view.

I found that all I need to do to get them back is, stop and restart Outlook (I have a PDA synchronized but do not even require to disconnect that one). After the restart, the views are visible again from the "View" / "Current View" menu and after I've re-selected the one I need, things are back to normal.... As you can imagine however, this is quite a nuisance!

Anybody who recognizes this behavior and (better) who knows why this happens and how I can avoid? I'm connected with my Inbox to an Exchange-server, have only one none-MS add-in loaded (SpamBayes).

Erik Jan

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Loosing custom views (Office XP)

Have you temporarily tried to disable your add-in to see if it is the culprit?
    -Mark

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Loosing custom views (Office XP)

No, I did not do that yet... it serves to block my spam emails and I'm a little reluctant to actually see all that garbage come in. I DID check the discussion forum connected to the program a bit to see if similar things were reported but didn't find any yet... Still, your suggestion my be my best shot if no one else is getting the same experiences..