2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Read receipts request notification (Outlook 2000, SR-1, CW)

I have been asked, "How do I set up Outlook so it tells me when someone has tagged an email for a Read Receipt?" I can't see a way to do that. Am I missing something?

Also, in Tools --> Options --> E-mail Options --> Tracking Options, we found the section about deciding how to respond to "requests for read receipts," but both options are greyed out, with the option "Always send a response" selected. It says that the option only "applies to messages coming through Internet E-mail Transports." Our e-mail administrator doesn't understand this, and neither do I. Help would be appreciated!

Thank you -
    Karnie Moesenthin
    Technical Training and Development Professional
    Legal Industry

Thanks

Re: Read receipts request notification (Outlook 2000, SR-1, CW)

> "How do I set up Outlook so it tells me when someone has tagged an email for a Read Receipt?"

Maybe you could flag it with a rule? I'm not sure you can do this in Outlook 2000, as the Rules Wizard was not very full featured. I don't have a test computer with Outlook 2000 to check...

> It says that the option only "applies to messages coming through Internet E-mail Transports."

For Exchange Server messages, this probably means that users have no control, and it is controlled on the server. But not being an Exchange user, it's just a guess. As a test, you could add a POP3 account to the profile and see if the option to suppress receipts becomes available.

Thanks

Right-click on one of the column headers in your inbox and select Field Chooser - you should be able to add the two columns as below.
    (This is in XP but I'm 99% certain I could do it in 2K - and I obviously don't have the columns that wide normally!)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you both for your suggestions. Leif, I was able to find a "Receipt Requested" field (which I hadn't known existed) in field chooser, and I think that will satisfy the user. In Outlook 2000, the other fields apparently haven't been added as yet. Thanks again for your help.
    Karnie Moesenthin
    Technical Training and Development Professional
    Legal Industry