Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Office XP SP3 (Office XP SP 1)

Can anyone tell me if the Office XP SP3 download is "safe" to install? I had some problems with Word today, agreed to send MS a report and was redirected by them to the Office Update site where I was told I needed SP3. I have downloaded it, but not installed it until I check here.

BTW - I have Office 2003 and am hoping to get it loaded in the next week or two, thus not using Office XP any more.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office XP SP3 (Office XP SP 1)

Woody reported a lot of problems with SP-3, both with the installation and with the effects it has on Outlook and Word - see Woody's Office Watch vol 9 no 8, so I am holding off installing it for the moment.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office XP SP3 (Office XP SP 1)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by IreneLinda on 06-Apr-04 22:56. Added P.S.)</P>Hans,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I will check your link to Woody's article. That must have been what was niggling away at the back of my mind. I had an odd feeling that I had read something negative about SP3.

Linda

PS Wow! Just read the article and that was the one I had skimmed a while ago and not totally forgotten about! Sure sounds as if you're right NOT to install it and I am not planning to either. Think I'll copy the downloaded file to a CD and just hold it. Hat to just delete it - it took 50 minutes to download!! Thanks again - for warning and link.