Thanks

Background Changes Color when Saving (Word 2000)

Subject changed by Phil Rabichow to make it more meaningful for future searches

I have a weird thing happening in word. When I am through with a document and click on the small X in the upper right corner of the screen I get the small box which has "do you want to save this document" with "Yes, No, or cancel". If I click on anything other than the small box with the "yes Etc. my screen goes into what looks like a negative page for a few seconds. The page background is black and all the lettering goes white. I have never seen this before. Can someone explain why it is doing this?" Please reply. I have Win.98SE.
    Catz

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Background Changes Color when Saving (Word 2000)

Hi Pauliez:
    I'm not sure what you mean by etc. If you click outside the box, but inside Word, you shouldn't be able to change the focus at all. If you click on another open application or window in the taskbar, that window should be brought to the foreground. What can you click that works?

This sounds like it might be a video card or driver.

Thanks

On a word document the small box that pops up when I hit the X says "Do you want to save the changes to Document 1". In that box is "Yes - No or Cancel" If I click on anything other than "Yes - No or Cancel" my document page goes from a white background with black lettering to a black background with white lettering for a moment. It looks like I am looking at a negative copy of the page. I saw someplace where you can set your PC to display that kind of coloring but do not remember where I saw it. I have the correct drivers installed for my video card. This is something that just started a few weeks ago.
    Catz

Thanks

Phill I found the correct wording to describe what happens. It acts like "High Contrast" would if you want your screen to look like that. That is what happens it goes into High Contrast for a moment.
    Catz

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Try going to Control Panel/Accessibility Options/Display tab. Is it set? Press the settings button. Maybe you're turning it on accidentally. If not, perhaps an add-in is causing the problem. Try the steps in <post#=197827>post 197827</post#>.