Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Semi-autonumber query field (97/all)

No, it's clear now that it has been solved. Thanks for reporting it. I will edit the subject of the first post.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

SOLVED - semi-autonumber query field (97/all)

Dear members of the board,
    can you add an auto-numbering calculated field to a query, like you can add a 'line number' to reports, which would provide an incremental/cumulative 'ranking' of records?
    Extra feature for queries sorted on field X, field Y: numbering Y for each X, by restarting numbering from 1 to ... in each first record of a new field X-value.
    One of the goals: a crosstab query with:
    - row heading = field X
    - column heading = 1,2,3,... instead of the Y-values (which might also vary depending on 1).
    Hasse
    (ps: I might combine this info later with an old thread, but I post this seperately as it seems a different issue to me. If it works out, is it good forum practice then to provide a reference between the threads in both ways?)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Semi-autonumber query field (97/all)

GOT IT!
    Watch thread "Number query results by group (2000)"! <post#=250833>post 250833</post#>
    Credits to HansV!
    (should I delete this thread now?)

<font color=4682b4>Edited by WendellB to add post number of thread so everybody doesn't have to do searches - see Help 19.</font color=4682b4>