Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jet Engine Issue (Access 2000)

I have been getting an error message on an Access database for the last couple of weeks. First, the message is "The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'Scripts'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly."

The database is a front-end access and back-end Oracle via an ODBC Connection. The database sets on a shared network drive. Also, I don't have a table or object named script. And this error message only appears at random times.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Jet Engine Issue (Access 2000)

Scripts is the internal name Access uses for macros. Perhaps your frontend has become slightly corrupt. First see if a Compact and Repair causes an error message. You could also try to import all database objects from the frontend into a new blank database. You will have to set the startup options anew, as well as non-standard references in the Visual Basic Editor (if you have them.) See if the new frontend works without problems.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Would it be fair to say that if I move all (or most) of my macros to VB, that I would have less problems? I did not create this database and the ones I do create are 99% VBA and don't use macros. I don't have issues with those. I am in the process of changing everything to VBA.

Would that be correct?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I myself hardly use macros (only an AutoKeys macro occasionally), because macros are hard to maintain and lack error handling, but in itself there is no reason why macros shouldn't function correctly, so I can't guarantee that converting the macros to VBA will help. It won't harm, though.