3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Binder & Sequential Pager numbering (Word 2k)

I have a made a binder out of 12 seperate documents. The first two sections are not page numberered. I need to start page numbering at section 3 and continue to section 5, skip section 6 and resume at section 7. I've done the binder page set up route and checked only the sections that I want the numbering to apply to, but it's starting over at page 1 on each new section. I think I'm doing something wrong. If worse comes to worst, I can manually page number them by section by setting footers "start at". Am I doing something wrong, or is it not possible?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Binder & Sequential Pager numbering (Word 2k)

Hi Gabi:
    I haven't actually tried this with skipped sections, but open up the Header/Footer & click on the Format/Page Number button on the Header/Footer toolbar (the one with the hand). Change the format for the first numbered section to start at 1 & change the ones after to continue from previous section. Post back with the results.

Edited to add: You also have to click the button that says "Same as previous" to turn it off wherever you are changing from numbered to unnumbered or back again.

Also, if you're skipping section 6, you'll need to put a {sectionpages} field in section 6 (the braces are inserted with ctrl+F9, not typed). Then bookmark that field (e.g. bmk1). For the seventh & subsequent sections, use a formula:
    {={page} - {bmk1}}

That will subtract the pages of the unnumbered section.
    Cheers,