3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bullet slide (PowerPoint 2002)

I need to create a bullet slide with 5 bullet items. When the run the slide show and the bullet slide come in, I want all the bullets to show up but dimmed. Then when I press the left click, I what the first bulleted item to become undimmed. Then I left click again, then the first 2 bulleted items are undimmed. And so on.

Thanks

Re: Bullet slide (PowerPoint 2002)

If this is just for one slide, I'd fill in and then duplicate the main placeholder, change the "background" paragraphs to the "dimmed" font color, and animate the front copy to appear in front of them. But if this is for a whole presentation, I'd have to dig for another way.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bullet slide (PowerPoint 2002)

Here's a sample file with two slides.

The first uses an emphasis animation to change the font color to grey (dimmed), with timing set to 0.1 seconds. (You can do this by just typing 0.1 in the speed box in the timing options dialog. You can get to the Timing Options dialog by clicking the arrow to the right of the object in the Custom Animation task pane and selecting Timing.) It then has another emphasis animation set to change the font color to navy upon mouse click. You can change this for any individual bulletpoint by expanding the text/objects in the Custom Animation task pane. (Click the downward-pointing chevron at the lower left of the animation.)

If you need the text to do some kind of entrance animation, you can apply one, set it to start "with previous," and simply move it to the top in the Custom Animation task pane. The bullets will then enter and dim at the same time, which can create a nice effect as well.

The second slide has the text set to the dimmed color already so you don't see that flash of black to begin with. Then it uses the same emphasis setting to change the font color to navy on mouseclick.

Note that this technique won't work in PPT 97 or 2000. It's fine for 2002 or 2003, though.