Results 1 to 2 of 2
2004-04-12, 19:38 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2004
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i need some advice form the field. I would like to experiment with barcodes and excel(2000).
Which barcodereader should i choose. Starting with a less expensive one.
Which barcode type should i work with.There are so many of them and is there freeware available on the net.
2004-04-12, 20:39 #2
- Join Date
- Feb 2001
- Silicon Valley, USA
- Thanked 93 Times in 89 Posts
Our experience is this. We wanted to have a reader that could be carried around to various offices to track files as they moved about. We wanted the bar codes to use our file numbers, which contains combinations of alphabetic, numeric, and punctuation characters (- and /). We then wanted to provide general access to the data from any PC. After quite a bit of research, we settled on the following:
(1) Bar code symbol set = Code 128; font vendor = Elfring Fonts
(2) Reader = Symbol SPT 1500 (Palm OS organizer)
(3) Software = On Hand inventory package from Stevens Creek Software
(3) Publishing solution = sync to desktop, import into FileMaker Pro database
Obviously this is clunkier than a dedicated solution, but it's what the budget would permit. <img src=/S/smile.gif border=0 alt=smile width=15 height=15>