Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print Scrn & WindowsXP (WindowsXP)

I was trying to save several screen captures in the clipboard for pasting later. I displayed the Clipboard in Word while pressing the Print Scrn key. The first image appeared in the clipboard, but the others didn't. I tried Alt Print Scrn to capture the dialog box and that image appeared, but none after that. I finally noticed a message in the lower right corner which read "Items not collected. Delete items to increase available space." I then deleted the 2 images in the clipboard and was able to Print Scrn & Alt Print Scrn once each before getting the message again. I guess there must be a limit on the size of the clipboard, although it's hard to imagine i reached it with just 2 images. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks,

TanyaR

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Print Scrn & WindowsXP (WindowsXP)

I have gone to "PrintKey 2000" and saving the images to a file, this is much faster and the image is around for future use.
    http://www.webtree.ca/newlife/printkey_info.htm

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

We also have several 'Printkey 2000' users. They seem to like it.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

I didn't think Alt+PrintScreen (or plain old PrintScreen) could take advantage of the Office clipboard at all. I'm surprised you even got two items. I put the icon for Windows Paint on the QuickLaunch area of my toolbar. After using PrintScreen, I launch a new session of Paint and paste it there. Copy and repeat as needed. I haven't found a memory limit on this method, but I have 512MB RAM and generally only need 5 or 6 sessions open.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I also didn't think you could have more than one item in the Windows clipboard. There are MANY clipboard extenders available and I've used ClipMate for several years. Another one that has gotten several mentions here in The Lounge is ClipOMatic