Lounger
    Thanks

Passwords (XP Pro SP1)

I have just purchased XP Pro SP1 for a computer at work. I know you can set up user accounts, so different users can have their own desktop, etc. Can user activity be tracked on the computer, by tracking their passwords? This computer has been used very inappropriately in the past, and I would like to be able to track just who is using it afterhours, according to the password used to log on to the computer. Is this possible?

Thanks

Re: Passwords (XP Pro SP1)

If logged on as an administrator, you can set up a local security policy. Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Local Security Policy. When the Local Security Settings window opens, expand Local Policies and Click on Audit Policy. All of the settings in the right pane can be modified from here. Then, to view the log at a later time, Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer and click on the Security Event Viewer.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Thanks

Re: Passwords (XP Pro SP1)

It can be difficult to assemble all of the bits and pieces of information Windows stores, and many sources of information can be cleared by the user. If you are trying to secure web usage, it is worth looking at purpose-built software for that.