New Lounger
    Thanks

Word Converters (Word 2002 SR3)

When opening older documents which were created in several previous versions of Word, a "file conversion" dialog box opens which does not give her anything we can use. This didn't happen to us prior to upgrading to the SR3 version a couple weeks ago. Any clues of why this is happening.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word Converters (Word 2002 SR3)

For the moment, I'm holding off installing Office XP SP-3, so I don't have first-hand experience with this. Check if "Confirm conversion at Open" has become ticked in the General tab of Tools | Options... I like to be presented with a choice, so I always tick this option (it has some additional benefits, for example when doing a mail merge), but if it annoys you, clear the check box.

Thanks

Re: Word Converters (Word 2002 SR3)

> a "file conversion" dialog box opens which does not give her anything we can use

Does it seem that the converters you need have been removed? I'm not sure what you mean here. Normally Word just opens its own DOC files without asking, although I suppose something from version 2 or 6 or 95 (pre-97) might have issues...