Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Mailmerging XL into Word (WinNT/Word97)

I have an XL file which is being used as a master for a mailmerge, where some of the records are duplicates, and where this happens I need to produce one letter with a list of the names of the trusts at the bottom. ie
    <pre>Mr Smith Children's Trust
    Mr Smith Grandchildren's Trust
    Mr Jones Wife's Trust
    Mr Jones Grandchildren's Trust
    </pre>

etc

would need to produce one letter to Mr Smith, with a list at the bottom of the two trusts, and one letter to Mr Jones separately, with his list. It won't know how many trusts there will be in each case - it can be anything from 2 to around 30!

I have a field that identifies the blocks of duplicates, and another that identifies the first line of each block, so I know which records need to produce letters; what I need to do is produce something that will produce the list of trusts.

I thought of something like this to start off (since Word knows these letters are to multiple trust-holders) ...

{Mergefield Trustname }
    {Next } {Mergefield Trustname }

... but although I can use {Next} or {nextif} ad infinitum, I need to tell it that, when it hits the next new letter indicator, it should stop and go on to the next letter - something like a loop, if one can do them in mailmerge?

I hope I'm making sense here ...

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!
    Beryl M

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mailmerging XL into Word (WinNT/Word97)

Hi Beryl,

See if MSKB article WD97: How to Merge Conditional Number of Records to the Same Page helps. It's tough reading!