Star Lounger
    Thanks

Embedding Fonts (XP)

In a Word document, I am using something called BankGothic for my font. When I send the document out as an attachment through e-mail, I have been embedding it as a True Type Font. My understanding is that when I send this out, the reciever will see the document in the fonts that I chose, even though they may not have the font installed on their PC.

I've sent this out to two people and one person is getting a default to Arial, and another to times New Roman. (Their default fonts).

My method of saving the document is as follows:
    1. Save As
    2. Tools>Save Options>Embed True Type Fonts
    3. I then select both options to Embed characters in use only and to not embed system character fonts.

Any idea why this isn't working?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Embedding Fonts (XP)

I'm not sure, but why don't you post a small document with the sample font embedded.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

i'm not sure if this applies, but I know that, for copyright reasons, different fonts have different restrictions as far as what types of embedding are allowed. For example, some allow embedding for display purposes only, some allow "editable" embedding, and some let you embed the whole kaboodle and install it on the recipient's workstation. (And some may not allow it at all, maybe?) There used to be an un-supported download from Microsoft that, when installed, provided much detailed information when you right-clicked on a TrueType font and selected "Properties." I have it installed on my XP system, but for the life of me I can't find the original download, nor can I remember what it's called.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

(Edited by HansV to make URL clickable - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>)

Got it. It's version 2.1 of the Font Properties Extension. It's available for download (as of this moment) here: http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...roperty21.mspx
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike