3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

One PC won't use file DSN (2000/2002)

After upgrading to SQL 2000 a number of Access report programs that used linkd tables from the old SQL server had to be repointed to the new server. Rather than go to each machine and create a new, identical, machine DSN I decided to create one file DSN and install that on each machine. This has worked for almost everybody. However, I have one user who gets ODBC errors. As an experiment I created a machine DSN on his machine and relinked the tables from one of the databases to use that. This seemed to work although testing has not been exhaustive.

Now that database doesn't work for anybody else, even though the file and machine DSNs had the same name.
    I assume therefore that in the process of linking a table Access must record the DSN type as well as its name.
    Am I right in this? Is there a collection of DLLs somewhere that have to be at the latest level for this to work? The users here are on a mixture of Access 2000 and 2002. This particular user is on 2002 SP1. Does anybody know of any issues that might be related?

Thanks

Ian

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: One PC won't use file DSN (2000/2002)

I've upgraded the problem user to Access 2002 SP-3 and, so far, things are working.