2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Data Access Pages (2000)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by easyaccess on 23-Apr-04 09:31. )</P>This has been posted a week. Is there anyone that can help me with this?

I am working on a project that involves a Data Access Page (DAP). I would like to have prospective users enter data on the Client Registration page. At the bottom will be a number field
    Easy Access

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Data Access Pages (2000)

I am sorry that you received no reply. There have been questions about Data Access Pages before, and many remained unanswered. Apparently, there aren't many Loungers who work with them.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

As Hans notes, Data Access Pages aren't very popular with developers because of all the limitations - that is particularly true of the support with Access 2000, while there was some improvement in the support for 2002. I don't have any significant experience with DAPs, as we use ASP for our projects, so the best I can do is recommend some other sources of information. Chapter 18 of Roger Jennings Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2000 by Que covers the subject in some detail, and does some comparison between ASP and DAP in Chapter 17. Other resources include:
    Designing Data Access Pages on the About Databases site,
    Programming Data Access Pages on MSDN,
    Connecting Data Access Pages Together also on MSDN, and finally
    Chapter 25 Online of what I believe to be the Access 2003 version of the book noted above goes into about as much depth as anything I've seen on DAPs, and has a good summary of the DAP situation at the end.

I would be curious to know how you fare with trying to get pages linked together - hopefully the second MSDN article will help.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you both Wendell and Hans. This information looks promising and I appreciate your assistance. I will let you know how I fare on this project.
    Easy Access