Thanks

Re: Margin altered converting to PDF (2000)

I don't use either of those products. I use pdfFactory. The margins I set in pdfFactory are minimums that Word cannot print into, just as there are minimum margins with any other printer. As long as Word's margins are larger than .25 inches all around, Word's settings govern.

One thing to check: make sure that the "scaling" setting in the lower right corner of the print dialog is set to No Scaling. (Probably is, but just in case.)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Are you using a non-standard page size? If so, this problem has been described in the real acrobat product as well.

What happens if you change your page setup to a standard page size and then alter the margins back to get your document area the size you want it. Once you have created the Acrobat file, you may then be able to crop it to the page size you really wanted (I don't use ghostscript or PDF995 so I don't know their capabilities). This information was sourced from http://www.freelists.org/archives/austechw...4/msg00005.html and the associated thread.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the responses. It was Adobe Reader that was scaling the final printing. As both of these products create the PDF out of the print function in Word, I had checked for scaling in Word about 50 times, but never in Adobe Reader.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Margin altered converting to PDF (2000) - Thanks

I cannot convert my thesis from Word to PDF without .25 inch being added to every margin. The margins in the original are either 1 or 1 1/2 inches. I have tried both PDF995 and GSView. The original document prints correctly.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Whoops - I should have guessed that. I always harass my output bureau to make sure they print it at 100% rather than reducing to fit. That is one default option that really gets up my nose.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia