New Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Captions in Word 2000 (2000)

Help anyone! I have created a large document in Word 2000 and applied captions to both tables and charts. The table captions work perfectly. However, the captions for charts do not. What I did was...insert my chart, create a new caption called 'chart', include the chapter heading 1 and then insert the caption. Well it worked for my second chapter and then no more. What happens is the first chart is numbered correctly, every chart following is incorrectly numbered. In the caption dialog box it will read 3-1 when it should read 3-2 and when inserted it actually inserts as 1-1! What is the go? I have reapplied styles, copied the document into a new and many other things. Has anyone out there experienced this same frustrating issue and do you have any solutions or work abouts. Eagerly waiting your responses, cheers, Sandy.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Captions in Word 2000 (2000)

Hi Sandy:
    I may be a little dense tonight, but I couldn't follow everything that you did. Could you post an example of your document (omitting any sensitive material, if any).

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Phil, I doubt you're dense. I suspect it is me. I am sure that the more I tried to explain the problem the 'denser' I got! The material is sensitive so tomorrow I will replace it with 'fake' info and post it. Thanks for responding. Cheers, S.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Phil,

I can't attach the document as it is too large. When I reduced it the captions were fine. It may just have an issue with having too many - who knows. However, on another note do you know how to remove the properties of a document? We send out many subscriptions electronically and would prefer the people receiving them didn't know all the property details - Primarily the statistics, preferably all of it to be removed.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Sandy:
    See my <!post=reply,367069>reply<!/post> to your other post.
    Cheers,