Lounger
    Thanks

Copy & Paste Text (XP/2003)

Hi all. One of the ladies in our office regularly copies a cell or several cells containing 5-8 lines of text from one spreadsheet to another. Last night, while using Excel XP2002, she started experiencing a problem whereby not all of the lines of text would copy. It would copy only a few lines, and truncate the text. This morning I upgraded her to Office 2003, knowing for sure that Microsoft would have solved such a problem in the new version [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] . Of course, the problem still occurs. Do any of you have any ideas why this can happen?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joel

Thanks

Re: Copy & Paste Text (XP/2003)

Could you give more details on the setup of the spreadsheet and how/ what exactly she is copying?

Is it only XL2002 and 2003 that have the problem or do earlier versions have the problem?

Steve

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copy & Paste Text (XP/2003)

Hi Steve. I decided to try the same file on another computer, and, sure enough, it worked perfectly. We then tried it on 3 more computers, and the copy and paste worked on each one. We've had other problems with this computer before. It sometimes doesn't format properly in Filemaker or when printing to Acrobat. Sooo, I took the easy way out - I swapped her computer with another spare, and the problem is solved. At least for today, anyway.

Thanks so much for your reply.

Joel