Lounger
    Thanks

Button selection

A few years back I remember having the ability to automatically select a response to a given text box. You set it up by entering the name of the box and the name of the button you wanted to choose when it was displayed. Is this ability in W98 somewhere?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Button selection

If you are talking about dialog boxes (small pop-up windows with buttons prompt you to respond), the answer is: no, it is not native Windows utility.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If you're talking about being able to automatically push a button in a dialog box, Win98 doesn't have that native ability. You could check over on the Software forum for such a utility, however.
    Cheers,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It's an interesting question. I remember it too - it was something like "what will be the default button" and I think it was really a MOUSE enhancer, rather than Windows itself. Just can't remember for sure.

Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by DaveA on 23-Apr-04 07:27. Added url code)</P>I found a shareware utility that does exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your reassurance that there was something out there at one time and it wasn't my imagination. http://www.clearlight.com/~rtvsoft/RtvReco.htm