3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Requesting data from MS Exch Server (Outlook 2002)

IT has just recently installed a new pc for me, so I don't have any experience with this version of Outlook. I am getting the message box "Requesting data from MS Exchange server" which seems to be unending. There's a long time for the Outlook progress bar to complete and even then, the thing wants to stay in charge and repeat the process, all the while, Outlook is unusable. I've selected the "minimize this message box" box, but that does not help. What's the purpose of this function? Can I disable the feature or whatever this is? It seems that this happened a few days ago and I haven't noticed it since. It also seems to have been around this time of day.

Thanks

Re: Requesting data from MS Exch Server (Outlook 2002)

Sounds like a network problem, particularly if this process is usually fast. Your new PC might have a flaky network card, the switch on the port might be going bad, etc. etc. I suspect your IT people need to poke around a bit.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Requesting data from MS Exch Server (Outlook 2002)

Been looking for an answer to this one as well. Take a look at http://www.outlookpower.com/issues/issue20...0001228001.html . I haven't tried it yet so I can't vouch for the effectiveness but it's worth a try.

Gaylen