Star Lounger
    Thanks

ActiveSync Alternative

Anyone have a better alternative for ActiveSync? This program (if you want to call it that!) has wasted more of my time than I wish to admit. I am having trouble trying to figure out what "unresolved" file is unresolved. I don't have a clue. Anyone have any ideas? I used to have a Palm Pilot and never had this much trouble syncing data files!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ActiveSync Alternative

Welcome to the club. The unresolved issue is well er ... unresolved.
    I went from a Palm IIIe to a Toshiba 330. That was a mistake. If the Pocket PC is on or even thinks it is on and I connect to the cradle, no syncing will occur, the same goes for when I want to remove it from the cradle, it and Outlook must be off/closed.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I am using a Compaq (Pocket PC) and have for a couple of years and have NOT had any connection problems. I started out with Windows XP Pro (Generic box) and Outlook XP on the PC and now have Windows XP Home (New Sony machine) with Outlook 2003 and no hic up on the hardware and or software changes.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am connecting ok (Dell Optiplex 240 running Win2k Pro connecting with HP IPAQ 2215). However, when I sync, ActiveSync (latest version, 3.7.1) tells me it has one unresolved file. How do I find out which file is unresolved so I can resolve it? That is my frustration! It doesn't identifiy it.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

From the Help within ActiveSync

During synchronization, items that cannot be synchronized without your assistance are marked as unresolved items in ActiveSync and on your mobile device.

1 Connect your device to your desktop computer and synchronize.
    2 If you have unresolved items, on the Tools menu, click Resolve items.
    3 Follow the directions on the screen. Dialog boxes presented to resolve items differ, depending on the reason why the item could not be synchronized.

Copyright

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dave, I have done this multiple times. It gives me "Sychronization can not be completed because a file cannot be synchronized with your mobile device. Close all programs on your mobile device and this computer, and synchronize again." I've done this multiple time, too. But, to no avail. It just doesn't give you enough information to resolve the problem.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

KTPies

Yep, welcome to the club. Having had this on many occasions I have found that when you get a error like this is to reboot and more often than not it rectifies the unresolved item. Now I am not suggesting you reboot all the time but it is one way of getting around the problem.

I have found that is best to ignore them, switch off my machine, go to lunch and then restart my PC....not necessarily in that order!!!

Good luck

Jerry
    Jerry

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jeeza,
    I appreciate the response, but I reboot my machine every day.....still.....to no avail. I've had this one unresolved file since prior to my first post....and I still have it unresolved. I'm pretty much at the point of just ignoring it. But it still makes me aggrevated that the software doesn't help us out and give us better clues as to the actual problem. Grrrrrr! :-)