New Lounger
    Thanks

compile error in hidden module (Word 2000)

After removing WOPR 2000 (don't ask), I find that I can no longer create a new file, nor can I save files. Instead, I get the error message "compile error in hidden module: FileSaveAs" or "compile error in hidden module: FileNew" Does anyone have an idea as to how I can fix these? I've tried reloading Office 2000, but with no luck.
    Many thanks,
    George

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: compile error in hidden module (Word 2000)

Try the steps in Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post>.

New Lounger
    Thanks

It was the *tmp files that did it. Phil Rabichow's post should be mandatory reading for anyone with a word problem. Thank you for reminding me of it.
    But now the academic question: what does compile error in hidden module mean and how can I unhide these modules?
    Many thanks,
    George

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As is so often the case, the text of the error message is misleading. There may be no module involved at all, hidden or otherwise. It seems to be Word's way of saying that something is messed up. If you look up "compile error in hidden module" in the Microsoft Knowledge Base, you'll find lots of articles.