Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Table attribute codes (Access XP)

Does anybody know what the meanings of the table attribute codes are?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Table attribute codes (Access XP)

Do you mean these (from DAO online help)?

<table border=1><td>Constant</td><td>Description</td><td>dbAttachExclusive</td><td>For databases that use the Microsoft Jet database engine, the table is a linked table opened for exclusive use. You can set this constant on an appended TableDef object for a local table, but not on a remote table.</td><td>dbAttachSavePWD</td><td>For databases that use the Microsoft Jet database engine, the user ID and password for the remotely linked table are saved with the connection information. You can set this constant on an appended TableDef object for a remote table, but not on a local table.</td><td>dbSystemObject</td><td>The table is a system table provided by the Microsoft Jet database engine. You can set this constant on an appended TableDef object.</td><td>dbHiddenObject</td><td>The table is a hidden table provided by the Microsoft Jet database engine. You can set this constant on an appended TableDef object.</td><td>dbAttachedTable</td><td>The table is a linked table from a non-ODBC data source such as a Microsoft Jet or Paradox database (read-only).</td><td>dbAttachedODBC</td><td>The table is a linked table from an ODBC data source, such as Microsoft SQL Server (read-only).</td></table>
    The Attributes property of a table can be a combination of these, for example if a table is linked and hidden, its Attributes will be dbAttachedTable+dbHiddenObject.

Post back if this is not what you meant.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I noticed in Mark Liquorman's documentor that the field attribute of 17 with a type of 'Long' is in fact an Autonumber field.
    I would like to know what the other field attribute codes are.

Mark, if you read this, your documentor is excellent. I am using this to verify diferences between databases that changes have been made to. I will then use this to amend the original (or a copy thereof) database wrt the tables. This has made my life so much easier and should save a lot of time for this project and in the future.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You originally asked about table attributes. Here are the field attributes:

<table border=1><td align=center valign=top>Constant</td><td align=center valign=top>Description</td><td valign=top>dbAutoIncrField
    16</td><td valign=top>The field value for new records is automatically incremented to a unique Long integer that can't be changed (in a Microsoft Jet workspace, supported only for Microsoft Jet database(.mdb) tables).</td><td valign=top>dbDescending
    1</td><td valign=top>The field is sorted in descending (Z to A or 100 to 0) order; this option applies only to a Field object in a Fields collection of an Index object. If you omit this constant, the field is sorted in ascending (A to Z or 0 to 100) order. This is the default value for Index and TableDef fields (Microsoft Jet workspaces only).</td><td valign=top>dbFixedField
    1</td><td valign=top>The field size is fixed (default for Numeric fields).</td><td valign=top>dbHyperlinkField
    32768</td><td valign=top>The field contains hyperlink information (Memo fields only).</td><td valign=top>dbSystemField
    8192</td><td valign=top>The field stores replication information for replicas; you can't delete this type of field (Microsoft Jet workspaces only).</td><td valign=top>dbUpdatableField
    32</td><td valign=top>The field value can be changed.</td><td valign=top>dbVariableField
    2</td><td valign=top>The field size is variable (Text fields only).</td></table>

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans, I meant field attributes, not table attributes.

Tell me where do you find this info so I don't have to bother you with such mundane questions.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I type Attributes in the Immediate window and press F1. VBA pops up a window asking from which library I want info, I select DAO and click Help.

(You must, of course, have a reference to the DAO library)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.PNG (6.6 KB, 0 views)