3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Using a Common Report & Form Title (Access 2000)

Is there any way to store the name and address of a school so that I can use it on Access forms and reports. I don't just want to type it in on each form/report because I have several schools using my database. When I have to update it, I end up having to make sure all the forms and reports have the right school's name on them. Each school has its own database. When I do changes, I just copy the appropriate forms/reports into each school's database.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Using a Common Report & Form Title (Access 2000)

I often use a table for this purpose. The table (say tblSettings) has two fields: SettingName and SettingValue (both text fields). For example (name and director only, you would add address fields etc.)

<table border=1><td>SettingName</td><td>SettingValue</td><td>School</td><td>Lincoln Memorial High School</td><td>Director</td><td>Ms Amanda Williams</td></table>
    You can use DLookup to get values from this table, for example a text box to display the school with Control Source:
    <pre>=DLookup("SettingValue", "tblSettings", "SettingName='School'")
    </pre>

For each school, you enter the appropriate values in the table, and all forms and reports will automatically display the correct name, address etc.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Using a Common Report & Form Title (Access 2000)

Works great! Thanks again, Hans!