New Lounger

Speech Recognition That Works?

Hola! I have been trying to find some speech recognition package for general dictation use.

I have noticed, when watching some of my favorite informational TV programs, that, when I have the TV on mute, there appears Captioning at the bottom.

Sometimes, it is obviously from a prepared text. But oft times it appears to be coming up in real-time! Not perfect - with a good number of glitches - but I would say very good! One CAN guess what is being said!

Now, my dear wife can hardly use her arm to write. She suffers much from a muscle ailment.

But she likes to transcribe some of the medical news programs which she tapes from the internet broadcasts - and it is killing her arm to do it.

So - I am very curious about WHAT software is being used to produce this good response for real-time captioning!

OR - some kind of software that can be used for listening to general voices on the sound card system and rendering a reasonably recognizable rendition of what is being said.

I have tried a somewhat older version of Dragon Naturally Speaking - but it insists on

Platinum Lounger
    Quedgeley, Gloucester, England

Re: Speech Recognition That Works?

There's a fairly discouraging thread here <post#=341081>post 341081</post#>

<font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...