New Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple E-mails Sent (2002/SR1)

Soometimes when I send an e-mail with an attachment of 400-500 kb to multiple people, I find that the message may have been received by each recipient as many as 40 to 50 times. I've been told that perhaps one of the recipient's mail box may be full and that if his ISP server is not set correctly it will keep pulling the message from my mail server which also sends to each recipient. Any idea what really causes this? How might I avoid this embarassing situation? Will it help if I send such messages using the BCC (blind copy) method?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple E-mails Sent (2002/SR1)

Check out Microsoft Knowledgebase Articles 827149 and 827349.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the tip. We will try SP3 for Office XP. Have you actually experienced this phenomenon?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes. The message would stay in the outbox and keep getting sent since I had it set to send/receive every couple of minutes. I had to call Microsoft and they sent me a hot fix which I applied. I had to edit the
    registry as a part of the process, so it can be a little risky. Microsoft said the hotfix was not in the download section because it was not fully tested. My Outlook now works fine, but the safer path to fix this is to wait for the release of the referenced Service Pack.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks again for the details. I am having our IS folks install the SP.