Star Lounger
    Thanks

Create Label Report (2002 SP2)

Help.
    I am trying to create a label report but not the standard address one which i can do. I am attempting to create labels which show A Number A Name A Horse or Pony Name and the Classes they are entered in. I have a query Named Labels Query
    which shows this information, I have tried the labels wizard in the New report section, which i cannot get to do what I Require,
    I Can create an ordinary report to show this info as i need it but i am at a loss as to how to create a label report to give me the info. (Attached Word pad doc showing info in my label query and how i require my labels to be) Hope this is clear Anyone any ideas
    Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create Label Report (2002 SP2)

Hi Les,

In the following, I use some names from your attachment. If the real names of queries and fields in your database, you should use those instead.

- Look at <post#=301393>post 301393</post#>. There is a VBA function attached to that post; copy it into a standard module in your database.
    - In the Visual Basic Editor, select Tools | References... and make sure that the reference to the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library has been set (ticked.)
    - Create a new query based on your Named Labels Query.
    - Make it into a Totals query by selecting View | Totals.
    - Add the fields to the query grid except for Class No.
    - Add a calculated column to the query grid:
    Classes: Concat("Named Labels Query", "Class No", "[Number] = " & [Number], "Class No", " ")
    - Set the Totals option for this column to Expression.
    - Save the query.
    - Test that it works. If you get error messages, check the names etc. carefully.
    - Use the Label Wizard to create a label report based on the new query.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

Done everything, first time error vba Cant find Table or Query Named Label Query, Changed to Label Query, now Message
    Run Time Error 3061 Too few parameters Expected 1. Help!
    Cheers

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There are two possible explanations for this:

- Label Query is a parameter query, i.e. it normally prompts you to enter some information. The Concat function can't handle that, but there are ways to get around this.
    or
    - There is a typo in the calculated column. Check it very carefully.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    No typo error, but i do need to enter a date to get relevant info, as i need to obtain info for each show and need these labels for each show.
    Cheers

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I think it's possible to solve this, but it would be handy to see the database. Could you post a stripped down copy of your database?
    <UL><LI>Make a copy of the database and work with that.
    <LI>Remove all database objects (tables, queries, forms, reports, macros and modules) that are not relevant to the problem.
    <LI>In the remaining table(s), remove most records - leave only the minimum number necessary to demonstrate the problem.
    <LI>Remove or modify data of a confidential nature.
    <LI>Do a compact and repair (Tools/Database Utilities).
    <LI>Make a zip file containing the database; it should be below 100KB.
    <LI>If you have difficulties getting the zip file below 100 KB, save the database in Access 97 format and then zip it.
    <LI>Attach the zip file to a reply.[/list]Thanks.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    Zip attached
    Cheers

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I have attached the modified database. I had to take the parameter out of Entries All; if you need that query including the parameter for other purposes, you should make a copy of the query. I used a form to enter the date, and put a reference to the text box on the form in Competitor NumbersQuery.

Open the form, and enter a date, for example 18 May 2003. Then click the button.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by esac on 28-Apr-04 18:51. Sorted Problem)</P>Thanks Hans,
    Got it working fine except i am having trouble setting up the label sheet size, in the label wizard there is no template for
    Avery labels J8162 which is A4 i have tried altering the margins etc but cant get it to print out correctly, there is in Word a template for this label size but not in Access, can i download the correct label template from somewhere or how do i create one. Labels are 2 across size 99.1x 34mm and 8 down, been trying to do this since your last reply Hans All Ok Now checked for updates and installed now shows relevant labels Sorry to bother you
    Cheeers