Lounger
    Thanks

Duplicate Outlook Today (2000 SP3)

I don't know how I did it, but I now have two Outlook Today folders! Everything (all sub folders) is duplicated. I can't delete the dup. folders without the original also disappearing. Any thoughts?
    Gary

Thanks

Re: Duplicate Outlook Today (2000 SP3)

Did you check this earlier thread from a few days ago?

Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I read several threads on the same subject. This must be a common problem! I forgot to mention, I am using Win98, 2nd Ed. Some of the fixes are not available to me. I haven't tried the registry edit because the instructions were a bit vague. I don't want to experiment with the registry and end up in worse shape. If I knew exactly which keys to edit, I would do it.
    The "outlook.exe a/cleanprofile" did not work. Error " The command line arguement is not valid." (My outlook file is in a different directory than the one listed on the Microsoft page. It says to copy the command including quote marks which I did but the path is different. This make a difference? I don't see how.
    I also tried scanpst.exe, no luck. There is only one outlook.pst file in Windows Explorer.
    Gary

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

>It says to copy the command including quote marks which I did but the path is different. This make a difference? I don't see how.

The "quote marks" refer to "Q:my email programs directoryoutlook.exe" - where Outlook is installed in Q:my email program files directory. It should make a difference. HTH
    Gre

Lounger
    Thanks

>It says to copy the command including quote marks which I did but the path is different. This make a difference? I don't see how.

>The "quote marks" refer to "Q:my email programs directoryoutlook.exe" - where Outlook is installed in Q:my email program files directory. It should make a >difference. HTH

I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I modified the path to reflect where outlook is installed. I question really was, "If the path is different should the command switch still work?" I don't understand why the switch does not work.

Anyway, I have tried everything. I guess this is a problem that Microsoft won't address? Apparently it effects different versions of Outlook and under different Win versions.
    Gary

Thanks

Gary,
    Have a look at <!post=this thread,82411>this thread<!/post> . This worked for me.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions