Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Powerpoints file location paths (PowerpointXP)

Hiya

When I open up PowerpointXP >goto File>New from powerpoint - theres no dialog go specify to choose our powerpoint templates.
    Is there like a File location path you can set in powerpoint to set it to that directory cause I couldn't find one in PowerpointXP? & where does it get its default user templates from?
    is there a way in powerpoint I can specify my powerpoint template path?

many thanks & regards
    Diana

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Powerpoints file location paths (PowerpointXP)

As in other Office XP applications, File | New... does not display a dialog any more, but activates the "New Presentation" task pane instead. Clicking "General Templates" under "New from Template" will call up the dialog used in Office 2000 and before.

All Office applications share the same template paths. You can view and edit the User Templates path and Workgroup Templates path in Microsoft Word, in the File Locations tab of the Tools | Options... dialog.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sonia's Tutorial may help you with this.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

thankyou diana :-)

Lounger
    Thanks

Hi

I realise this is a very old post, but I have the same problem. Sonia's presentation only shows you how to add new folders and new Powerpoint presentations to the existing template location. I want to change the location altogether. Does anyone know how I can do this? Is this setting stored in the registry?

Cathy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As I explained in my reply higher up in this thread, all Office applications share the same template folders. The only one that lets you change these folders is Microsoft Word, in the File Locations tab of Tools | Options. There are two template paths: the User Templates path (by default Cocuments and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftTemplates) for your personal templates, and the Workgroup Templates path (whichi is empty by default) for shared network templates; the latter is only useful on a network.
    If you change one of these paths, it will affect *all* Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)!