Star Lounger
    Thanks

Home Network Problem

Hello, I set up a home network with my main computer as the server with the Wizard (XP pro) using a HUB and the internet thru BT Home Highway at 64kps Via a USB Modem all worked fine.
    As i Cannot get Broadband I have opted for BT Midband which gives 64 or 128 by automatic switching,but i cannot use Internet connection Sharing as i have to use BT's own dialer software to get switching .I have set up the software
    on both machines and unplug /plug in the relevant usb cables this works fine if i have one computer switched off if both are on windows will attempt 2 dial ups and most of the time i cant connect on either. IS there a way to set up a network using seperate internet connections, and still share info between computers. I have tried the other options in the Home Network Wizard but i cant get them to work
    except when i use internet connection sharing.
    Hardware. Desktop lan card windows XP Pro Printer attached Hub cable connections for network.
    Laptop lan card XP Pro
    Hope this makes sense

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Home Network Problem

Les,
    Are you absolutely sure that ICS will not work for your configuration? Have you looked at this MS Knowledge Base article ? If none of these work, have you contacted your ISP's tech support?
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Star Lounger
    Thanks

John,
    Now sorted read through knowledge base etc. Problem was as i was trying to dial out through to seperate connections file and printer sharing settings caused conflict in Microsoft Network TCP/IP settings added NWlink IPX/SPX/Net Bios Compatible transporter, routed File and Printer Share through that and not TCP/IP Now works fine. I found on the Home Network Wizard options This Computer connects directly via Cable or Hub to the internet and read all the links etc from that page Now works fine
    Cheers

Thanks

Glad the problem is solved Les. Thanks for posting back.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions