2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Watermarks (2003)

I am just moving to Word 2003 and have seen how to put water marks on from Format Background Printed Watermarks. My problem is I cannot see how to view them until printed. I am in Print Layout view, I have looked at the options on the view tab and I cannot see how to make the watermark visible before printing.

Please help.
    Neil Eustice
    Woody Worshipper

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Watermarks (2003)

Unless watermarks have changed drastically from Word 2002 to Word 2003 (and I don't think they have), they are just pictures or WordArt objects anchored to a paragraph in the page header. You should be able to see them in print layout view. What happens if you select View | Header and Footer? Can you see the watermark then?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Watermarks (2003)

Thanks for the prompt reply Hans. I looked at my Header and could see the draft watermark. So this made me investigate a bit more. The default colour and shading on my computer for the water mark was silver and semi-transparent. Due to the strip lighting in my office and the faintness of the colour it simply was not visible on my Laptop screen. However, when I stood up from my desk I found that looking at my screen from the side meant I could then finally see the watermark. If I raised my computer to eye level I could also see it - but with my laptop on my desk it did not show.

This has been a valuable lesson as 6000 of my users are laptop users and will have the same problems. Our answer is going to be to change the shading on the watermark to make it more obvious.
    Neil Eustice
    Woody Worshipper