3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Rules Wizard (2000)

Hi, I have implemented a rule - using the Rule Wizard - requesting that a copy of all emails received from a certain individual (ex - xyz@yahoo.com) be placed in inbox folder (ex - xyz). After selecting the rules I have ran against emails in inbox and it does not pick up emails from xyz@yahoo.com.

Any ideas why and how to fix?

Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Rules Wizard (2000)

If I recall correctly, the Rules Wizard offers two ways to identify the sender: (1) their Address Book entry (must be an exact match); or (2) text in the sender's address (can be a partial match). If you experiment, can you find a way to make one of these work?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

So far, no. I have an exact match on senders address and am using this in the rule - to no avail.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

One possibility is Rule conflict. For this particular Rule, have you set the Wizard to "Stop Processing More Rules"? And it may be that you need to apply this to (an)other Rule(s) for this Rule to work correctly.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How do I stop processing other rules? Also, you state apply another rule(s). What other would I apply?

All I want to do is to take all messages from xyz@yahoo.com and put in an inbox folder.

Thanks.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry if my explanation was too brief. "Stop Processing More Rules" is a Rule selection under the Rules Wizard; see attached pic. What I'm suggesting is:

1. Review the order that your Rules are applied. Depending on the order, you can try ...

2. For this particular Rule, check (tick) the "Stop Processing More Rules" box and see if it helps
    3. For other Rules, check the "Stop Processing More Rules" box and see if it helps
    4 For other Rules, if checked, UNcheck the "Stop Processing More Rules" box and see if it helps
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS