New Lounger
    Thanks

dll error (IE 6.0 rel 1)

I have just begun getting an error message when starting IE 6.0 or Windows Explorer. Little box with "Failed to Load Resource DLL" and an acknowledgement "Ok" button. When you click Ok, the box disappears and explorer opens normally. No other problems noticed. Has anyone seen this and how do I find what dll is not loading in order to fix it? Help anyone??

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks

Re: dll error (IE 6.0 rel 1)

To retrieve more detailed information, right click on My Computer, select Manage, expand Event Viewer and have a look at the logs here.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Have you checked the web with Google or another search engine? Searching for that phrase brings up two immediate hits in Google that link back to the Microsoft Knowledge Base. There should be some text following the "Failed to load resource DLL" message that indicates exactly what is failing to load.
    -Mark

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to all!! The event viewer did not show anything specific regarding the lost dll, but I did a system restore back to before the issue began and it fixed it. Thanks again as I did not know about this feature of Win XP