Thread: HyperOS anyone?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

HyperOS anyone?

Anyone have any experience using HyperOS 2003? I've been asked to install it onto someone's laptop that has nothing more than a virgin install of XPH on it. I've tried and tried but still can't get past the first fence of creating the new partitions. RTFM doesn't help either.

Before I go any further, does anyone have any idea what I'm on about?

Thanks

Re: HyperOS anyone?

-----------------------------
    does anyone have any idea what I'm on about?
    -----------------------------
    Not a clue, fish.
    More detail?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Well, I must say that it looks exceptionally simple and straightforward from the writeup on their web page you point to.

But they would say that, wouldn't they!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well from what I can make out, the software creates multiple partitions to use as 'spares' in the even that your current Windows installation slows down or goes pear-shaped, etc. Then it's a simple matter of dragging a fresh image from one partition to another. This also means that you could have, say, six different versions of Windows installed, each independent of the others. This is as I understand it anyway.

I know it seems like just a collection of other utilities under on roof (Ghost or similar, Virtual PC, etc.) but I'm sure there's more to it than that. I tried again last night to load it onto the laptop in question, but it was still giving me problems. Having a hard drive continually freeze halfway through creating partitions didn't help either. All this from a six-month-old system which was in it's box for the first five months. It's already been back for repairs once with a suspected CD drive fault. I digress.

MicroMart here in the UK rave about it here. The blurb on HyperOs's site makes convincing reading too.

I've also read somewhere that a distributor is shipping systems with it pre-installed. I've just never met anyone who's actually used the software before. It's not like it's that new.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I've read about it before and I agree that it makes for convincing reading...but I never got past that point. You're the first person I know who's attempted to use this software. Is there tech support of no help? It looks as though they also have a forum dedicated to this package, might be worth checking into...
    -Mark

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well, I'm going to take the plunge this weekend. It's a public holiday here on Monday so I'll have lots of time to play around with it. (Yeah, right. With a son who I've only seen for ten minutes this week and a wife whose list of jobs for the garden is getting on for three pages...)

I'm browsing through the forum at the moment. Makes for interesting reading. One thing I am finding time and again are the number of users who not only rate the product but REALLY rate it. This product seems to be unique in the way it works and I think this gives it the edge over drive-imaging software or VirtualPC.

Me saying something will become the Next Big Thing is usually the kiss of death so I won't say it, but keep an eye on this one in the future.