2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Opening Files in IE (6.0.26)

I cannot open all the links on a lot of pages they seem in the main to be links to PDF files, although any PDF files I have stored open just fine in Adobe 6. What I often get is the page and a small box in the top left corner with a couple of symbols. For instance trying to open a Users guide from a Toshiba site left me with the guide to the guide (and spec etc) but no detail on the page but the box I referred to. It did not indicate on the page I was opening it from if it was a PDF file or not. In some instances I have been able to save pages to the desktop and open them from there but not always, quite often I get the message that the WEb Server may be busy etc.

Can anyone help please.

Peter

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Opening Files in IE (6.0.26)

Hi Peter:
    I suppose that there could be more than one thing operating here. A display problem could mean a driver. Doing a repair of IE 6 (from Control Panel/Add_Remove Software/scroll for IE 6 & when you click Add/Remove, there will be a repair option) might help.

At the same time, some of the sites that you're visiting might have exceptionally heavy traffic or have an error on their page. Can you provide a link to one that is causing problems?

Thanks

Re: Opening Files in IE (6.0.26)

See <post#=312518>post 312518</post#>.