Star Lounger
    Thanks

Create separate contact list (Outlook 2003 Pro)

Is there a way to create a completely separate contact list that is independent and can be saved, emailed, etc.? Ideally, I'd like to be able to copy contacts from one listing to the other as there may be some contacts that are common to both lists. Barring this possibility I would have to set up an Access database with all the same contact fields as Outlook and I would like to try and avoid that hardship.

Thanks!

Ron

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks

Re: Create separate contact list (Outlook 2003 Pro)

If 2003 is anything like previous versions, right-click in your Folder List, select New Folder, then Contact Items...

Star Lounger
    Thanks

That looks like it will do the trick. Thank you very much for your input!

Ron

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I was able to create the separate contact list but another problem occured.

Some of the names (contacts) are common to both the original contact list and the new one. I need to be able to send the new contact list as a whole or individually as V-cards to other folks. For instance, my own info is in both lists and even though I created my own listing in the new list from scratch, I find that the activities tab lists everything on my calendar, etc. If I delete an item from there, it erases the item from my calendar. I don't want all of this info to go out when I send the list or a V-card. Other contacts in the new list also have similar listings under activities if, for example, they appear on my personal calendar or email folders.

Is there any solution to this problem? I can't figure a way around it unless somehow one can create a completely separate pst file - but then how does one do that if it is even possible?

Thanks!

Ron

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create separate contact list (Outlook 2003 Pro

>somehow one can create a completely separate pst file - but then how does one do that...?

Try File|New|Outlook Data File (at the bottom). Make sure you have the Folder List view enabled (by the chevrons at the bootm left of the Outlook window). Then drag and drop the necessary Contacts from one PST to the other. HTH
    Grüße