New Lounger
    Thanks

Five Paper Trays and Word 2002 (Word 2002 10.4219.4219 sp-2)

We have an HPLJ 8000 with 5 paper trays. Each tray has a specific type of paper (tray 1 is bypass, tray 2 letter, tray 3 legal, tray 4 letterhead, tray 5 form). We have multiple users printing to this printer.

We had Word 2000. Specific documents were configured to print to specific trays on the HPLJ8000. Everything worked great.

We just upgraded to Word 2002 and Citrix network. Now when we open a document and want to print, we have to tell it which tray each time. The documents no longer retain the tray settings. Lets say I print document A to tray 1; then I print document B to tray 2. now if I open document A again, it is set to print to tray 2.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Re: Five Paper Trays and Word 2002 (Word 2002 10.4219.4219 sp-2)

I'm tempted to say, "that's impossible," because I can't imagine any logical way for Page Setup settings made to one document to affect a second document. Do you have any replacement macros running for Page Setup?? Do your users use the Page Setup dialog or change the settings for the print driver directly?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I suspect it's a Citrix problem. I don't know much about Citrix, but I do know it's a terminal server. Meaning that your PC is just a "dumb terminal" used for communicating with the server where all processing takes place. That means that the printer driver is no longer installed on your local hard drive. It's now installed on the Citrix server. So maybe the way the driver is installed and/or the way print jobs are (re)routed/(re)directed to the printers has changed, causing this type of behaviour.

New Lounger
    Thanks

No macros running and they've tried configuring through page setup and the printer driver configuration.

Thanks

The printer driver tray setting appears in parentheses after "Default tray" on the Paper tab of the Page Setup dialog. Obviously that is dynamic. However, the document's paper tray settings, whether "Default" or otherwise, should not be affected by changes to a different document. So it does make a little bit of difference which method they used.

New Lounger
    Thanks

We also have this problem with our printers. The printers were saved on the XP driver. We discovered we needed to unlock some of the specifics that the were controlled on the printer server directory. It was trying to control the paper selection rather than allowing the file page setup specific the paper selection.