Star Lounger
    Thanks

how to print file without the program installed?

I have a program installed at home, and print some doc to file using company's printer driver, how can I print them out in my company's printer.
    In windows 95, I know how to do it, but for xp, no any idea, please anybody help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: how to print file without the program installe

Boy, I haven't had to do this for a LONG time, least of all with XP, so you might want to try a test with a very small file in case you get "garbage out." And you might want to check first to find out what the printer's "CANCEL" or "RESET" button combination is, in case you need it. If you were in Windows and have an icon on the desktop for the printer, you could try dragging a copy of the file to the printer to see what happens. Otherwise, you can also try Start, Run CMD to open a command prompt window and try <big>COPY (filename) PRN /B</big>. If the (filename) is not located within the path, you will have to include the full spec, such as <big>COPY C:XXXfilename.ext PRN /B</big>.

Edited to add: Please note that I ADDED a /B above. Assuming the file is NOT plain text, you will need to tell the copy command that it's a binary file (I think)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: how to print file without the program installe

The second method is working so far, thank you for the light.