Thread: Two Things

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Two Things

Would it be possible to have the state flag of Cow Hampshire loaded? Also how long does some one have to be a member before they are no longer cornsidered a NewLounger?
    Later,
    Sarge

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Two Things

One of the graphics experts will probably post a state flag soon. For titles, see <!help=16>Help 16<!/help>: you need 25 posts to become a Lounger, and there are many titles after that.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I can't help with your first question, I've never even heard of Cow Hampshire.

For your second question read <!help=16>Help 16<!/help> where you will see that the change from New Lounger to Lounger occurs when you have made 25 posts.

StuartR

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Google shows a number of sites related to "Cow Hampshire," but a state flag???

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In the meantime...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Or this...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Unless that's a misprint for New Hampshire, surely we should only have flags for real states?

Otherwise I shall be putting in for a flag for Dilbert's Elbonia...

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

2nd that motion ... If we had a flag we could permit Elbonian jokes. Such as how many Elbonians does it take to screw in a lightbulb ...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

None, lights bulbs will not work in the mud or what ever that substance is in that place.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Now cut it out you two. No Elbonia flag, no Elbonia jokes. Got it?

StuartR

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Off the subject, I know, so I hope you don't mind my asking (given my Profile and Userpic). What's the origin of YOUR Lounge username? Always interested in a fellow-noncom..... but then again, maybe you're a policeman.....

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to all,
    HandsV I kind of like your first flag, but I was looking of the one from the Granite State (New Hampshire). Glad some one got the joke???? If this was not mixed company I could tell you why they call it "Cow Hampshire". As to your inquiry BIGALDOC. It has to do with my age and Last Name. In the early 50;2 there was a radio and TV program call "Sargent Preston of the Yukon" . Since my last name as you might guess is "Preston" , Sarge became a nickname. I still have a friend who calls me Sarge very time we speak. Sargent Preston of the R.C.M.P. had a lead sled dog called "King" and a horse named "REX". Did you know that king in latin is rex?? Boy they had sneaky writers even way back then! So to make this long story short I use Sarge as my name on the net as a rule.
    Later,
    Sarge

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Ahhh, thanks for the nostalgia trip. Yes, I too remember Sergeant Preston but I wouldn't have remembered any of the details as you filled 'em in. I was a boy on Long Island in the 40s and 50s and we never had TV. So, my first do-it-yourself project since we had little money, was to gather up several old, non-working radios and build ONE that worked. That radio was my treasured companion every night for many years. My mother used to have to force me to turn it off when it was bed time. I used to listen to all the "good" programs like The Shadow, Sky King, Jack Benny and on and on. I've never been anywhere in New England except Boston and never been to Canada, so learning about the RCMP on the radio was a first. And hey, belated WELCOME to The Lounge!