4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

My Yahoo or Home Page Thing? (IE6)

I have five systems that use "My Yahoo!" home pages as IE's home page (that is 5 different My Yahoo! pages). In the past, like before the last round of MS's critical updates, My Yahoo would remember my Username and password, and let me in.

What seemed like once a day, it required me to enter my user data, check "remember ID & Password" again and it would remember for the rest of the day - even after a reboot. In fact, I was so certain there was a pattern of "once a day" that I thought MS changed a default security setting for my cookies but I could not and still can't find any setting to indicated user data expiring or resetting or the like.

I was not certain of a pattern at first as I was doing some hardware changes and other "maintenance and housecleaning" on my 2 PCs but my wife mentioned hers has been doing the same thing every, sometimes once a day, sometimes every "couple days" - so that shot down the once a day theory.

I find it also odd that I am logged straight in to The Lounge and other forums without having to re-enter my user data, so is it just a "IE Home Page" issue? I made my Lounge Control Panel my new home page on one machines so we'll test with that for a bit.

I also wonder about a recent ZoneAlarm upgrade - I use Pro on 2 systems and Free on the other - but both versions were recently updated.

Norton AV, AdAware, SpyBotS&D reports systems are clean.

XPP and XP Home.

Intel and AMD

Anybody else having the same problem?

Ideas?
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!

─────────────────────

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: My Yahoo or Home Page Thing? (IE6)

<hr>is it just a "IE Home Page" issue<hr>
    Have you tried this with any other browsers? That would narrow it down to an IE specific problem or not.
    -Mark

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: My Yahoo or Home Page Thing? (IE6)

No, no other browser yet - I hate dealing with the continous power struggle that goes on when you have more than one browser installed. I was hoping it was a cookie setting I missed.

It did not happen this morning either so it is not a timeout/expiration thing. If it keeps it up, I'll try Netscape.

Sure seem to remember something about ZA blocking user info too.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!

─────────────────────